Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] chrony configuration for secondary samba DC

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:25:18 +0300
Alexei Rozenvaser <alexei.roz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It wasn't particularly Chrony related question. The question applies
> to Samba DC that not holds PDC emulator FSMO role with any NTP server.
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 12:12 PM Rowland Penny via samba

I wasn't entirely sure before, but I am now ;-)

So the answer to your question is: Yes, all DCs should use the PDC
emulator DC for their time server, but you should also add external
time servers, just in case the PDC emulator falls over.