Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Erro Transfer Fsmo(DNS)

But, if you use the "seizi" dc that no longer has the FSMO should be removed from the network, right?

Regards;

On 06-06-2018 11:36, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 11:24:33 -0300
Carlos via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

The problem with this is that both Dcs will continue on the
network ... I wanted to transfer the FSMOs, because in DC (that has
today) I will perform an S.O. upgrade and if something goes wrong, it
is already correct !!!

Something already has gone wrong, for some reason it cannot find the
FSMO role owner.

This is no reason not to seize the roles, it may in fact fix your
problem.