Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] future of non-AD samba?

I think that 'standalone' machines will continue

Thank you very much for clarification. This means that SMB1 and PDC are the problems, not lack of AD.

But if we later need to switch to AD, is there a method like classicupgrade to do it? Currently classicupgrade of a standalone server Samba 3 creates a standalone server Samba 4, not an AD-DC. It appears to be enough to add a few lines to the old smb.conf to make classicupgrade do it, but I'm not certain.

Klaus