Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] how to use chgrp command for samba groups

# chgrp "domain users" /root/test.sh
# ls -al /root/test.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 root domain users 1464 Jan 25  2017 /root/test.sh
Works fine here, can you post your smb.conf, OS info and samba version.

You can test your setup with: getent passwd "domain user"
If that does not give you your uses back, then you need some adjustments, but for that we need more info first.

Greetz,

Louis