Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba4 - Interdomain trust with samba3

Hello,

I'm actually migrating resources from an old samba3/LDAP  (DOMAINA) to a Samba4 domain (DOMAINB) .
I succeded in populating Samba4 users and groups from the old one.

Now both domain live together during the migration i would like to set up an interdomain trust between the 2 domains so that samba4 users can still have access to samba shares on the old samba3 domain. So it would be a one-way trust from samba4 to samba3

I have allready set up bi directionnal approbations in the past between samba3 and real AD servers; but now I have difficulties to set it up.

Samba4 version : 4.6.4 (i've read that normally domain approbations should be supported in this version)

Using ADUC on Samba4, I only see approbations for kerberos V5 domains or windows domains. On the samba3 side, i tried the "net rpc trustdom establish" as i used to do but it doesn't work.

I actually get a "couldn't verify trusting domain account"
I created a DOMAINA$ user on DOMAINB to establish the trust but something's wrong.

I don't know if it's related to a wins/lmhosts resolution problem or not.

Have any of you ever set up something like this?
From what i know this should be possible, but i don't succeed in adapting the usual tutorial in this case.

Thanks for your Help

Regards,

Julien