Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] chrony configuration for secondary samba DC

On Sunday, 3 June 2018 16:32:12 CEST Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 17:11:47 +0300
>
> Alexei Rozenvaser <alexei.roz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 4:51 PM Rowland Penny via samba
> >
> > <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > No your not, you are just running Samba as another DC, all DCs are
> > > equal except for the FSMO roles and they can be on any DC.

> > > apt-get purge chrony
> > > apt-get install ntp
> > >
> > > then read this:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Time_Synchronisation
> > >
> > > Rowland

> It might be Ubuntu's default time server, but it will not work on a
> Samba DC, you must use ntp.
> Try running 'sudo samba -b | grep 'SIGND', what are the first three
> letters in the output ?

Rowland, chrony should work fine with Samba as support for ntp_signed has been
added with version 3.1. I've worked with the chrony developer implementing it.

It would be great if someone could update the Time_Synchronisation tutorial
with details for chrony as it seems it will replace ntpd.

chrony with Samba support has also been added to RHEL 7.4.

	Andreas