Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] chrony configuration for secondary samba DC

On Mon, 04 Jun 2018 04:59:55 +0200
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps when everyone has cooled down a little we can get the Samba
> wiki page updated with this information?

Sorry, but no, I don't think this is a good idea (yet), most distros do
not have a new enough version of chrony for it to work. Put it on the
Samba wiki that you can use chrony instead of ntp and most users will
miss that you need a version of chrony that their distro cannot supply.