Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] winbind, nsswitch, AD and group membership caching?

Hi Rowland;

thanks for your comment.

Am Freitag, den 01.06.2018, 11:05 +0100 schrieb Rowland Penny via
samba:

> Have the users logged in ? If not, then this is the expected
> behaviour.

The users have logged in several times using ssh; does that suffice?

As far as I can tell right now, it *looks* like this is computed just
exactly once and never updated. Did a quick check with an empty VM that
joined the domain; after logging in there with the same user, group
assignment is the same as in Windows AD. Forgot to mention before: I'm
on Ubuntu 16.04 / samba 4.3.11.

Best regards,
Kristian