Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Scripting the next UID/GID number to use

On 5/30/2018 4:41 AM, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
On Tue, 2018-05-29 at 21:30 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
Fair comment, but 'msSFU30MaxUidNumber' is a single valued attribute
and surely the 'add' will fail because the attribute already exists.
Correct.

Following on from this, the delete will fail because the value to be
deleted isn't what is there now
Yep.

So I think it what you actually mean is:

changetype: modify
delete: $1
$1: ($2 - 1) # what is there now
-
add: $1
$1: $2
Yes, indeed the order matters.  Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett

Thank you for all the responses. I will work with this and see if it solves my needs.