Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Help, DNS forwarding not working!

Please ignore, resolved now (although I don't know why or how). Strange that things always resolve only after (!) posting to this list. The latter seems to work in magic ways. ;)

Rowland, thank you very much for your quick replay!! I was able to ping the forwarder, but i wasn't able to resolve any hostnames on the DCs themselves. After I restarted the samba services, the issue went away. I did some changes to the smb.conf and only applied them via "smbcontrol all reload-config". Seems that a complete service restart was necessary for whatever reason.

Thanks again!
Ole