Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Demoting troublesome DC

On 25/05/18 16:04, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
Set on the  newest DCs the following.

         ldap server require strong auth = no
Should help but its adviced to remove it when your done.

Yes!

This worked a treat.

Now, we are trying to remove all references to the old DCs in the 'Computers' OU.

When we use RSAT and try to delete DC1 or DC2 (now demoted) we get a warning:-

"Deleting all of the objects it contains with an option to use 'delete subtree server control'"

The only contained object is 'RID Set'.

Is it safe to do this and delete RID Set and the Computer from OU?

Thanks,

--

Paul Littlefield