Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] nameservers, all DCS??

Hi Carlos,

About order Dcs in resolv.conf

DC(LOCAL)
DC(OTHER)

that is what we do here. You'll find some articles about DNS islanding (for example [1]) that would recommend to do differently, but if you happen to have the issue mentionned in those articles, you can actually fix it by hand easily.

I send same question in April:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-April/214957.html

unfortunately there is no one paid on this list to answer your questions... If no one is inspired or have time or have will or have the knowledge, then there may be no answers (which is actually not so common on this list).

Cheers,

Denis

[1] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/275278/dns-server-becomes-an-island-when-a-domain-controller-points-to-itself

About Replication, is KCC....