Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] run script on domain join

Le 23/05/2018 à 10:32, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
On Wed, 23 May 2018 10:09:42 +0200
Arnaud FLORENT via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi Roland

thanks for your help

it is easier to identify hosts with fixed adresses (ie allow/deny
access by ip in firewall for example)
It might be easier to reap the DHCP issued IPs and feed these to the
firewall.
surely but i never succeeded to ensure 100% ip is released.

it is realy easier for me to work with static leases for my hosts

but it seems i can not restart dhcpd from itself to reload new record
This was one of the problems I thought of, the client would have to
issue a new DHCP request or reboot.
when joining a domain,  windows renew the lease AND ask user to reboot