Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Invalid zone operation IsSigned ERROR

On Tue, 22 May 2018 13:34:28 -0500
rschiefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> /etc/hostname:

Nothing wrong there.

> /etc/hosts:

Nothing wrong

> /etc/resolv.conf:
> ---------------------------------
> # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
> resolvconf(8) #     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES
> WILL BE OVERWRITTEN nameserver 10.57.2.21
> search xxxx.com

Nothing wrong data wise, but I wouldn't let anything be able to
change /etc/resolv.conf

> /etc/krb5.conf

This only needs to be:

[libdefaults]
    default realm = XXXX.COM
    dns_lookup_realm = false
    dns_lookup_kdc = true

There seems to only three things different between your set up and
mine. The Samba version, the dns server and the OS. The OS shouldn't
come into it, except for the Samba version, 4.3.x is, as far as Samba
is concerned, EOL, so if it is something in your version, it very
unlikely to get fixed, mainly because it might already be fixed in a
later version.
I have never used the internal dns server, but I seem to remember
there being problems with it and RSAT, but it should work with
samba-tool.