Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 4.8.x domain join warning message

On Sun, 20 May 2018 22:38:22 +0800
d tbsky via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi:
>    I tried to use samba 4.8.1/4.8.2 to join windows domain as DC.

Which one was it, 4.8.1 or 4.8.2 ?

If it was 4.8.1, I suppose you didn't see the warnings about using
4.8.0 or 4.8.1 to upgrade (yes, adding a new DC can be classed as
upgrading). I think you need to run 'sambaundoguididx' (its a script
supplied with Samba), then demote your new DC and then RENAME it and
give it a new ipaddress. Now install 4.8.2 ( it was released early to
deal with this problem) and try again.