Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Dcs Replication

On 5/17/2018 10:30 AM, Carlos via samba wrote:
Hi!

I have 2 DC, now add one more DC, but all dcs dont view between they.

New DC is "DC2"

DC1 - vlan10 -> OK to DC3(Connectad by openvpn)

DC1 -> vlan10 -> OK to DC2(vlan50)

DC2-> vlan50 -> OK to DC1(vlan10)

DC2-> Openvpn -> Dont "see" DC3

DC3 -> Openvpn -> OK to DC1(vlan10)

DC3 -> Openvpn -> Dont "view" DC2(vlan50)

All version Dcs Samba 4.7.7
Firewall is allow  between they.

-----

DC1

samba-tool drs showrepl

I see only DC2 and DC3 is OK
Is correct.

DC2

samba-tool drs showrepl

I see only DC1

DC3

samba-tool drs showrepl

I see only DC1

Any Ideia ?

Regards

Carlos,

    This is normal if your firewall is working correctly. The KCC checks and creates replication links to optimize latency and cost where needed. You can override this and create a full mesh topology with the following in your smb.conf under 'Global'.

kccsrv:samba_kcc=No

I advise not doing this but instead ensure sites and services are setup correctly for your IP Inter-Site-Transports. You can define cost and interval for the links here.

-James