Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] DDNS with IPv6

On Wed, 16 May 2018 10:15:06 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I dont think so, at the time this was tested and setup, there was not
> ipv6 support in samba as far i can recall. But i see a chalenge
> here.. ( not for me atm sorry. ) but i know someone.. His name starts
> with a R. ;-0 :-))

It is probably easy to fix, Samba, Bind9 and dhcp know about ipv6, so
the script just needs to be updated to delete ipv6 AAAA records and the
resultant reverse zone records, then add the new records. There is a
very big problem with saying that however, I do not use ipv6, so how do
I test any changes ????

Patches to fix this (with proof it works, see syslog) are always
welcome ;-)