Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] named will not start after upgrade of CentOS

On 05/15/2018 09:11 AM, Marco Coli via samba wrote:
As soon as I will have some time (!) I will try to narrow down the
package involved doing selective upgrade on a test machine... Bind is
top of the guilty list!
FWIW when this problem happened to my DC I spent several hours trying to debug it. One of the things I did was to take the latest bind package from 7.4.1708 which was working and downgraded the version that was installed when I upgraded Centos to 7.5.1804. That did not fix the problem. Removing the include line as Roland suggested did fix the problem in my case. I use sernet-samba packages (since 4.0 on CentOS 6) because I wanted the AD functionality. Perhaps that is why I don't see the problem now that the include line was removed. I am not using the CentOS installed samba packages.

-- .
Paul (ganci@xxxxxxxxxx)
Cell: (303)257-5208