Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Free disk space calculation with Samba 4.7 and macOS 10.13 - or in general

Hi,

i noticed that the calculation of disk space is completely confusing and may be someone has an explanation?

My server is a Samba 4.7 on Centos with an xfs storage. Centos shows a 39T Storage (31T used, 8 T free)

My macOS Client connects to that storage (which is the share) and shows a 42 TB Storage and 33,25T used ….

I know that some systems calculate with a base of 1.000 bytes for a KB and some use 1.024, but is there any chance to get the numbers a bit closer?

In my case users think there is still more space available then it is in reality…

	Thanks for hints an feedback . Götz