Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Transfer FSMO roles [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

UNOFFICIAL
Hi,

I am running an old SAMBA DC (Bilbo) that I want to upgrade. I installed the latest version of SAMBA 4 on an old PC (jimbo) and joined the domain. I intend to transfer the FSMO roles, upgrade Bilbo and transfer the roles back.

I have transferred all roles except domaindns and forestdns. Jimbo says that these roles have no owner but Bilbo thinks it is the owner.

Is there some way to tell jimbo to that Bilbo is the owner or do I just seize the roles and then try to tidy up afterwards?