Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Roaming profils cannot sync four files

On Mon, 14 May 2018 22:49:02 +0200
Michael Funke via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Okay, I testet it and it doesn't help. Attached is also my smb.conf.
> May it is here.
>
> [global]
>         # Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts
>         # and groups on a domain member. The default (*) domain:
>         # - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration!
>         # - must use a read-write-enabled back end, such as tdb.
>         # - Adding just this is not enough
>         # - You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration, see below
>         idmap config * : backend = tdb
>         idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
>         idmap config EXAMPLE : range = 1000000 - 1999999

> Any ideas?

Yes, did you not understand this:

         # - Adding just this is not enough
         # - You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration, see below

Well, yes, you must have because you added this:

         idmap config EXAMPLE : range = 1000000 - 1999999

Pity it wasn't enough, can I suggest you read this again:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad

And this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_rid

and decide which you want to use and then add the missing line(s)

If you do not understand those pages, can you please try to explain what
you do not understand. Without feedback we think they are correct, if
nobody says 'I do not understand something', we will go on thinking
they are correct ;-)