Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] multiple domain served by Samba

Hi All,

thanks for the reply.

Because of the small size of the second company I don't really want to create a container for them (and configure all of the services for them). I'm wondering if it is possible to create an 'alias' for a domain (like I do it with Exim and vhosts or Apache and vhosts). In this imagined world everybody would be able to login to the clients and services as 'company\user' and 'othercompany\user' with the same username and password. ...and I would tell the othercompany's users, please use othercompany\user form and for my company's users that please use company\user form (like they already do this). ...and if the second company is larger, I can migrate them easily to an own 'server' / container.

Thank you in advance.

Br,
Ákos

PS: I'm really satisfied with Samba AD, it works like I expected. (The only thing is that the AD DC linux machine can't use the RFC fields to determine the home directory and the shell. If it worked, I would be the happiest of the office. :-) ) Thank you Samba guys, you saved me from buying of an M$ server. :-)

Üdv,
Németh Ákos

e-mail: nemethakos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://f-labor.mkt.bme.hu/~akos