[Samba] Samba 4.8.1: spotlight enabled share can not connect to Tracker
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 14:31:28 +0200
- From: Dirk Köppen via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Samba 4.8.1: spotlight enabled share can not connect to Tracker
this is the error message I do receive:
Tracker-Message: 14:15:22.884: Could not get mtime for 'file:///nonexistent/.cache/tracker/meta.db': Error when getting information for file “/nonexistent/.cache/tracker/meta.db”: No such file or directory
(process:5229): Tracker-WARNING **: 14:15:22.884: Falling back to bus backend, the direct backend failed to initialize: Could not open sqlite3 database:'/nonexistent/.cache/tracker/meta.db': unable to open database file
I compiled samba 4.8.1 and current github master with --enable-spotlight, installed Tracker according to the spotlight Wiki. I only needed to change the Tracker Systemd Unit Files to match the correct path of the wrapper, e.g. "Exec=/usr/libexec/tracker-wrapper tracker-extract".
Tracker is working as user mdssvc. I can search from command line.
So far I found that the above path "/nonexistent" is the home directory of the user connecting to the samba share. I would expect "/home/mdssvc" here.
My questions are:
- Is the problem based on the fact that samba can not connect to Tracker via dbus? (TRACKER_BUS_TYPE=system is set)
- How can I set the users mdssvc home directory to be used for the database access?
Thanks for your help and best regards,
Dirk Köppen <dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
PGP: D66A AF85 5DD9 EBE3 4539 90EF B815 3E77 7E40 5904
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the