Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 on Ubuntu 18.04 Howto setup ADDC with bind9_DLZ (extra part 4.8.1 samba)

On Fri, 11 May 2018 07:14:38 -0700
Gregory Sloop via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, I'm curious about the contrast between modifying netplan vs
> simply disabling systemd.resolved
>
> Is there some advantage to the gyrations to make netplan work, vs
> simply disabling resolved and manually defining the IP and DNS
> server? [I'm not complaining, I'm thankful for all the options - just
> wanting to have the best handle possible on the reasoning behind one
> method vs the other.]

My opinion is pretty basic, if you are setting up a Samba AD DC, then
you don't need/want anything installed that could change the DNS
settings.

Louis's point of view seems to be, do the least amount of alteration
to the OS to get it work without removing anything.

You pays your money and makes your choice ;-)