Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 on Ubuntu 18.04

MBvs> On the AD Server i got a problem with the internal DNS from samba
MBvs> because systemd-resolver thought it is the DNS boss now. I disabled
MBvs> systemd-resolve (systemctl disable systemd-resolved.service) and mange
MBvs> the resolve.conf manually.

Thanks a bunch for that tip. I was having DNS issues, but hadn't yet gotten to the bottom of it, and this turned out to be the cause of one of my major issues.
Thanks again!!!

MBvs> Some tips before you install samba:

MBvs> - If not needed uninstall "cloud init" (some trouble with setting
MBvs> hostname and  /etc/hosts file):

I've left cloud init active and seem to be able to set the hostname fine.
Am I missing something - or is cloud init a. more or less, minor issue?

MBvs> #
MBvs> https://makandracards.com/operations/42688-how-to-remove-cloud-init-from-ubuntu

MBvs> - If youre using ntp, disable systemd's timesyncd service (ntp service
MBvs> will now start after reboot)

MBvs> # timedatectl set-ntp off

I think I've already got this set.

All in all, very helpful info.
I haven't had a lot of time to tinker today, so we'll see how far I get tomorrow.
I'm very grateful for all the pointers, but special thanks for Micha!

[And, not wanting to start any flame-wars here but, I'm not so thrilled about systemd either. But I'll probably have to learn to live with it.]

-Greg