Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Change of behavior samba 3.6 and 4.5

On Mon, 7 May 2018 16:22:33 +0200
john doe via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But if I do the same command "net view <\\SAMBA-4-SERVER>" I get
the following error:

"System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied."

[global]
     workgroup = MYGROUP
     server string = Samba Server
     server role = standalone server
     log file = /var/log/samba/log.m
     max log size = 50
     dns proxy = no
[homes]
     comment = Home Directories
     browseable = no
     writable = yes
[printers]
     comment = All Printers
     path = /usr/spool/samba
     browseable = no
     guest ok = no
     writable = no
     printable = yes

OK, after a bit of investigation, this isn't a Samba problem.

Thanks Rowland for confirming that the smb.conf is sane.

Using the above smb.conf on Samba 4.5.0, it worked with Windows 7,
but it didn't work with Windows 10 1511. I could browse to the
standalone server from Win10, but 'net view' gave the error above.
Upgrading to 1709 fixed it for me.

Here I get the error with Win 7 and Win 10! :)

Thanks again.

--
John Doe