Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Congratulations!

> Thanks very much for making AD trusts /really/ usable at last in 4.8.
> For my use case just allowing trusted groups to access file shares with
> correct permissions is good enough for now. Child domains would be nice
> too ;-)

Dear Samba developers,

I’m also more interested by child domains rather than sites. I know that
it is not supported yet, but I wonder if SUBDOMAIN join option of
samba-tool is supposed to be for creating a child domain.

There’s no documentation entries to explain how it is supposed to work,
but I can see the option in the samba-tool usage:

> Usage: samba-tool domain join <dnsdomain> [DC|RODC|MEMBER|SUBDOMAIN]
> [options]
and --parent-domain=PARENT_DOMAIN

Any hint?

TIA,