Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] 4.2.14 (or newer) support "Windows for Workgroups 3.1a"?

I would check

client ldap sasl wrapping
client ipc signing
client signing
server signing

Depending on the samba version, the defaults may be different.

Assuming you did not change the default ports , which would be as follows

     smb ports = 445 139

Following the BADLOCK vulnerability, Microsoft released patches faster than my OS provider did so I had to tinker with the above settings until I restored functionality.

Of course, if your server is also supporting your "regular" users (rather than the industrial machines) you are likely to break something so you definitely want to have separate servers.   VM's are a pretty easy way to implement additional servers with out consuming a lot of hardware resources.