Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] cannot set share permissions

Am 26.04.2018 um 17:32 schrieb Waishon via samba:
so you would like to restrict the access to the share definitions? E.g. only "User1" should be able to access the Share "Private"?

Have you had a look at this documentation?
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch09.html
(This doc is quite old but should still apply).

We're running a seperate fileserver which is joined to the SAMDOM DC. Then we're using
     valid users = @"SAMDOM\Domain Users"
to make sure that only domain members are able to access the share. Instead of Domain Users it's also possible to just use a group or a specific user.

I do not want to restrict it, just make sure that everybody has access, even if that default may change at some point in the future. But currently I cannot even see how the share permissions are set.

I'm surprised that "valid users" still works in active directory mode. This means there are three items which can restrict access:
- "valid users" in the share definition
- share permissions in computer-management (which I cannot access)
- file system ACLs

Klaus