Von: Klaus Hartnegg via samba
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. April, 17:24
Betreff: [Samba] cannot set share permissions
An: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reposting this because there was no reaction. Is it normal that share permissions cannot be set on an AD-DC? Computer Management of Win7 connects to the DC, but aborts when I click on "shares". The shares are accessible, and I can set ACLs in the file system, just not the share permissions. Is the default that everybody has full access? Then maybe I just don't need it anyway. Am 18.04.2018 um 16:21 schrieb Klaus Hartnegg via samba: > Following the wiki page Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs > windows shows me this error after clicking on Shares: > > Disk Management could not start the Virtual Disk Service (VDS) on > 'COMPUTER'. This can happen if the remote computer does not support VDS, > or if a connection cannot be established because it was blocked by > Windows Firewall. > > Tested on a new provisioned AD-DC server. > I can use RSAT tools for configuring DNS, Users, and GPOs. > Accessing shares and setting filesystem ACLs also works. > Only setting share permissions fails. -- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba