[Samba] Samba 4 - ISO-8859-15 filenames not listed while browsing
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 18:53:52 +0200
- From: Ali SIMON via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Samba 4 - ISO-8859-15 filenames not listed while browsing
I have an issue with a german application that generates files with
iso-8859-15 encoded filenames.
I have 2 Linux Suse servers, both connected to the same NAS filesystem, and
sharing it via Samba.
"unix charset" in smb.conf set to default utf-8
LC_CTYPE & LANG locale are set to en_US.UTF-8
- First server is Samba-3.6.3 (SLES11 SP4, kernel 3.0.101-107-default) :
those files are accessible from windows/smbclient, with UCS2 characters (ie
"\344" for "ä") being replaced with a "_"
- Second one is Samba-4.6.9 (SLES12 SP2, kernel 4.4.103-6.38-default) :
those files simply don't show up while browsing.
In any case, log.smdb complains about :
convert_string_internal: Conversion error: Illegal multibyte sequence
If I change the "unix charset = iso-8859-15" in the config for Samba4, it
shows the file while browsing, but then users are reporting that access is
now very slow (bench method is by compiling a program whose sources are on
I've tried various things already, but to no avail.
Any ideas or help is much appreciated.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the