Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] What is the maximum speed for download from a samba share

Am 20.04.2018 um 16:34 schrieb Michael Wandel:
On 20.04.2018 16:04, Knut Krüger via samba wrote:

It was good to know what speed tuning you have done.
I tried f.e
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/network_administration_guides/samba_reference_guide/54_speed_02.html
https://www.arm-blog.com/samba-finetuning-for-better-transfer-speeds/
https://eggplant.pro/blog/faster-samba-smb-cifs-share-performance/
an d a lot of other hints

Which smb protocol your clients are using ?

TCP
 I tried with Server Debian Jessie and Debian Stretch - maybe stretch was a little bit faster. The stretch server is a test server so I can test without production environment.
Client is Debian Stretch and Windows 7
Speed was tested with Debian client

Kind Regards kNut