Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] administrator's unix attributes is missing

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 17:18:52 +0800
"adam_xu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <adam_xu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, Rowland. what I set in RSAT is:
> nis domain "ntbaobei"
> uid "10000"
> login shell "/sbin/nologin"
> home dir "/home/Administrator"
> primary group "domain admins"

Congratulations, you just turned 'Administrator' into a normal user as
far as Unix is concerned. Also you have changed Administrators
primary group from Domain Users

> I never used user map beacuse everything worked ok before. I knew the
> "root" user can granting the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege Privilege. Is
> there any changelog in samba 4.7.7 that disallow setting the
> administrator's unix attributes ?

There are no changes that I know of

> just curious, everything works ok in my production env.

If it works for, it is just that I wouldn't do it. ;-)