Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] W10 and browse

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 22:31:23 -0700
ToddAndMargo via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

Fedora 276, x64

I just put a Widows Nein, oops Windows Ten computer on
a samba based network.

Problem: the W-Nein computer can not see any of the other
shares.  You can manually write in the path and it works fine.
The workgroup name is the same for everyone.

What did I do wrong?

Probably nothing.

I keep saying this, but people are not taking it on board, windows is
making it harder & harder to connect to anything other than an AD
domain or other windows computer.
Your problem isn't a Samba problem, it is possibly because windows has
disabled SMBv1 (or NTLMv1 as we call it), though it could be something
else, try searching the internet on 'windows 10 not browsing network'

Rowland

Hi Rowland,

Oh I am certain that it is a Windows Nein problem.   I just
wonder if anyone in these parts knew of a work around.

-T