Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Raising Domain Level

G'day All,

We are trying to raise the level of our test samba4 DCs. Our windows dude wants the Domain level to be 2012_R2.

	I am referencing:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Raising_the_Functional_Levels#Supported_Functional_Levels

We managed to get both domain and forest levels to 2008 R2 - forest was 2003.

However, when we try to raise further, we are getting what seems to be a chicken and egg issue.

# samba-tool domain level raise --domain-level=2012_R2
ERROR: Domain function level can't be higher than the lowest function level of a DC!

# samba-tool domain level raise --forest-level=2012_R2
ERROR: Forest function level can't be higher than the domain function level(s). Please raise it/them first!

	Am I missing something?

os: Centos 6
Samba 4.7 (will go to 4.8 soon)
Self compiled

--

Cheers,
David Minard.

ITDS - ACE - SSTaRS
Western Sydney University
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

believed to be clean.