Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] vfs_fruit best practise for Mac, Windows, Linux access

Hello Folks

We have Windows, Mac, and Linux labs all accessing the same shares:

- NFS:  Linux
- CIFS: Mac and Windows

We are finding that Mac client access to the ‘homes’ section is causing load problems on the file server due to access errors.

I’ve read that ‘vfs_fruit’ could solve this problem.

What is the best practice in the smb.conf configurations for the ‘homes’ section so that all these three platforms will be happy?

Thank You!