Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Operation Not Supported error for GETXATTR when VFS plugin "nfs4acl_xattr" is used

On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 10:11:45PM +0530, Akash Jain wrote:
> There are not more than 4 ACEs on the root directory but we see naces = 50.
> I feel that the encoding of ACL is not happening as expected.

See my earlier mail about the encoding differences wrt to users and groups in
the ACEs.

Iirc parsing NFSv4 ACLs would require extensions to the module to support the
string identifiers and mapping to ids.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/