Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba 4.7->4.8 in place upgrade

Hi Alexis,

Any updates or schedule planed for this?

I guess on the 26 of April, cf. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_4.8

Cheers,

Denis

On Fri, 2018-03-23 at 10:44 -0400, lingpanda101 via samba wrote:

Andrew in another topic discussed the issue. See below.

"This is the failed re-index thing we had brought up by a number of
other posters late last week.  I'll be working on that today.

Run the sambaundoguidindex script and stay with 4.7 for now until I can
fix it.  A patch for (what I think is) the core issue is in master, I
just need to make the re-index also bulletproof.

Sadly we allow a transaction with a partial re-index to succeed where
we need to actually ensure if that if index operations fail (ever) that
we prevent transactions from being committed.

Andrew Bartlett"

That is still the situation.  I got caught up on the CI issue all week
but this is still a priority for me.  I'm pretty sure the patch is the
one I pointed to, but I need to write tests and a way to ensure this
can't ever happen again.

Sorry for the delay,

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/