Re: [Samba] User idmap lost
- Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:01:43 -0600
- From: "Paul R. Ganci via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] User idmap lost
On 04/06/2018 02:54 AM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
Thanks Rowland. This bug was indeed the problem. I am not sure why it
decided to rear its ugly head now but it did.
I think you are running into this bug:
It turns out my account was immune to it because when I switched over
from the RID to AD backend I had made my uidNumber the same as the
xidNumber. However my wife's account's uidNumber was my uidNumber +1.
But that was not the xidNumber in the idmap.ldb. I removed the offending
idmap.ldb entries, changed uidNumbers to something more reasonable and
then ran chown to repossess our user directories & files. Everything is
working like it is supposed to now.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the