Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Permission denied mystery

On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 01:38:21 -0700
ToddAndMargo via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a mystery to solve.  I just put a Windows Nein, oops,
> Windows 10 Pro,x64 machine on a customer's network.

I wouldn't worry worry about windows 10 not being windows 9, after all,
it is really windows 6.4 :-)

>  It can access four of the five Samba shares
>
> But gets "permission Denied" on this one:
>
> [netlogon]

I seemed to remember something like this coming up before & tracked it
down to this earlier post:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-July/192818.html

There seems to be two ways of fixing it, change the name of the share
or add something to 'Hardened UNC Paths'