Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Permission denied mystery

Hi All,

Fedora 276, x64

$ rpm -qa samba\*
samba-winbind-clients-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-common-libs-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-client-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-common-tools-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-libs-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-common-4.7.6-0.fc27.noarch
samba-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-client-libs-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-winbind-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-dc-libs-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64
samba-winbind-modules-4.7.6-0.fc27.x86_64

I have a mystery to solve.  I just put a Windows Nein, oops,
Windows 10 Pro,x64 machine on a customer's network.  It can
access four of the five Samba shares like this one:

[public]
    comment = Public on Alpine FedoraServer -- Mount as F:
    path = /exports/public
    valid users = @users
    write list = @users
    force group = users
    force user = public

    locking = yes
    oplocks = no
    fake oplocks = no
    level2 oplocks = no
    strict locking = no
    blocking locks = no
    public = no
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    browseable = yes

    force create mode = 0000
    create mode = 0777
    force directory mode = 0000
    directory mode = 0777
    # note default "map archive" is "yes"
    map archive = yes
    map system = yes
    map hidden = yes

But gets "permission Denied" on this one:

[netlogon]
# not being used as this is a now workgroup server.
# netlogon left in place to copy out the logon.bat to the user's start up.
# These entries left in place in case this server is used as a PDC
# in the future

    comment = Network Logon Service (X:)
    path = /exports/netlogon

    valid users = @users
    write list = @users
    force group = users
    force user = public

    locking = yes
    oplocks = no
    fake oplocks = no
    level2 oplocks = no
    strict locking = no
    blocking locks = no
    public = no
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    browseable = yes

    force create mode = 0000
    create mode = 0777
    force directory mode = 0000
    directory mode = 0777
    # note default "map archive" is "yes"
    map archive = yes
    map system = yes
    map hidden = yes

The remaining four XP machines have no issue with any of the shares.

What the heck?????  Does Windows "I can't count (10)" have an
issue with the share's name?

There is nothing in /var/log/messages or /var/log/samba/* about
any permission issues.

-T