Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Unable to join Windows 2008 R2 server DC to Samba DC

I’m unable to successfully join a Windows 2008 R2 server DC to my Samba4 domain.

I’ve followed the steps on the wiki of joining a Server 2008 R2 DC to a Samba domain. After I reboot the domain controller, I receive a blue screen in regards to a corrupt AD database. I’ve tried Samba v4.6.7 and Samba 4.9.0pre1.

Prior to the reboot, I see the following three events on the Windows DC:
-----
Attempt to update DNS Host Name of the computer object in Active Directory failed. The updated value was 'DC8.us.dignitastech.com'. The following error occurred:
Access is denied.
-----
Attempt to update HOST Service Principal Names (SPNs) of the computer object in Active Directory failed. The updated values were 'RestrictedKrbHost/DC8.us.dignitastech.com' and 'RestrictedKrbHost/DC8'. The following error occurred:
Access is denied.
-----
Internal error: An Active Directory Domain Services error has occurred.

Additional Data
Error value (decimal):
8374
Error value (hex):
20b6
Internal ID:
30d07c5
——

On the samba server, the only error that I can pick out in the log.samba (at debug 4) is the following DNS update failure:

  ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:330: Failed DNS update - with error code 110

Any assistance is greatly appreciated as we have an (unfortunate) impending organizational requirement to use Windows domain controllers.

Thanks,
Justin