Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] smbstatus crazy multiple same listings

On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 14:20:59 +0000
Paul Littlefield via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Small office setup, 3 computers, 3 staff.
>
> Recently updated system and rebooted.
>
> Today, I am seeing crazy amounts of the same listing for clients (294
> lines!) and open files...
>
> (snipped content below, you really don't want PAGES of it!)
>

> Simple 1 network card server running Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, wait 23 days until 18.04 is released, then upgrade the OS, this
will get you Samba 4.7.6 and there have been a very lot of upgrades
since 4.3.11 was released. Note: the 4.3 series is EOL as far as Samba
is concerned.