Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Replication taking time

On 4/2/2018 8:25 AM, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
Hi,

We have 4 Domain Controllers (2 in Bangalore and 2 in place that is 350 KM away from Bangalore, connected by a 200 Mbps Point-To-Point link) in our setup. Off late I am finding that the data replication is taking time (about 3 - 4 minutes). I did run samba-tool dbcheck command on all 4 servers and it did not return any errors. It is also noticed that the synchronization between the servers within same location and same LAN segment is also taking around 3 - 4 minutes.

Any suggestions to get over this small issue?

Samba AD Version 4.7.5 on CentOS 7.4. We are using BIND DNS Back end. DB Size is around 560 MB.

How are you measuring synchronization times?

James