Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Share users across domains

Thanks for the help, I end up doing something different. I value the things you said about Samba4 and AD but like I said, I don't have the required time to do that by now, and I thought I would'nt need to explain this here. What I end up doing was put student machines in the same domain as the other users, added the students to group students and via logon script denied login for this group in the administrative network. Now maybe I have some time to research on Samba4..

Citando Harry Jede <walk2sun@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi Rodrigo,

despite all the things we have heared now about AD, let us talk about your needs.

  >   I need LDAP for other uses, how could I have samba4 and ldap

  > without   having 2 bases?

  I do not understand your question? I can guess something:

  1. You have one central ldap store

  2. you need a new claasic samba domain called: Administrative

  3. your Students and your Administrative should use same ldap backend

  4. Students domain sould trust Administrative domain

  5. Administrative domain should not trust Students domain

  Is this what you want?

  --

  Gruss

  Harry Jede