Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] [4.8] unix extensions negotiation and os x

Does os x (10.13) support negotiation of unix extensions/CIFS?

When hard links didn’t work I dug in and while I found info on CAP_UNIX, and added ‘unix extensions = yes’ globally, the Negotiation makes no mentions:

Negotiate Protocol Request (0x00)
Capabilities: 0x00000077, DFS, LEASING, LARGE MTU, PERSISTENT HANDLES, DIRECTORY LEASING, ENCRYPTION

Negotiate Protocol Response (0x00)
Capabilities: 0x00000047, DFS, LEASING, LARGE MTU, ENCRYPTION

This is 4.8 on FreeBSD11

I’m far from sure I’m looking at this the right way. Any hints greatly appreciated.

Dan