Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] dhcp lease time hardware in script at dhcpd/Bind/Samba wiki page

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 16:24:32 +0100
Sebastian Arcus via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You could try adding something like this near to the top of
dhcp-dyndns.sh:

TTL=$(cat /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf | grep 'max-lease-time' | awk -F ';'
'{print $1}' | awk '{print $NF}')

Then replace the '3600' with '$TTL'

Thank you for that! I take it there is no corresponding variable,
which can be used as an argument in dhcpd.conf when calling
dhcp-dyndns.sh?

Not that I am aware of.

Also, I discovered another typo on the wiki page - which was actually
a bit of a pain to track down. On the following line:

rzone=$(echo ${ip} | awk -F '.' '{print $3"."$2"."$1".in-addr.arpa"}’)

OOPs, I don't use that and I cut and pasted it in, which is no excuse
for not noticing, but it is fixed now ;-)

Thank you very much!