Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] broken mailing-list -> Re: Accentuated characters issue when receiving attributes from "samba user syncpasswords"




On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 18:22:16 +0200
Reindl Harald via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 
> 
> Am 28.03.2018 um 18:07 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> > On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:32:33 +0200
> > Reindl Harald via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 
> >>
> >>
> >> Am 28.03.2018 um 17:21 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> >>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:59:19 +0200
> >>> Reindl Harald via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Am 28.03.2018 um 16:50 schrieb Lapin Blanc:
> >>>>> Thank you for the tip, i'll use it, but how come it's correctly
> >>>>> encoded in the DN and not in the attribute ?
> >>>>> Is it related to the ldif format or something ?
> >>>>
> >>>> no idea and hence *do not* reply privately on mailing-lists
> >>>> i just recognize base64 when i see it
> >>>>
> >>>> proper mail clients respect
> >>>> List-Post: <mailto:samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >>>>
> >>>> whoever configured that mailing list to add a wrong reply-to
> >>>> header should be punsihed because my mails for sure contain one
> >>>> and it's pervert to break a list like that
> >>>> Reply-To: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >>>
> >>> It isn't the mailing list, it is probably the OP's mail client
> >>
> >> it *is* the mailing list, the OP's mail client is not part of the
> >> game of my own posts received from the list and when you look
> >> *every* single mail from the samba ML and *noly* from the samba ML
> >> has this stupid "Reply-To" header
> >>
> >> your message i reply to (luckily because thunderbird understand
> >> list-headers and ignores Reply-To with the "Reply-List"-button)
> >> From: Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >> Reply-To: Rowland Penny <rpenny@xxxxxxxxx>
> >> Errors-To: samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Sender: samba <samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > 
> > OK, I see what you mean, but 'Mailman' is set up to NOT remove
> > 'Reply-To' headers, this is what 'Mailman' recommends, so I don't
> > see it changing
> 
> WTF - nobody asked for remove it - i ask for not invite it because it
> *adds one* even when there was none - to every single message coming
> from this list
> 
> don't stop prematurely read messages, i gave you an example where you
> can see my sent-message from my local client as well as the reply-to
> header in the middle of headers populated by the list server
> 
> just go into your local list-folder nad look: *every* single message
> of this list has a reply-to header pointing to the posters address
> 
> and since this is only on *this* mlaing list while others which don't
> do that also use mailman what is the point of your discussion?
> 

When it comes to 'Reply-To', 'mailman' is set to 'Poster'

AND

>From Mailman help:

This option controls what Mailman does to the Reply-To: header in
messages flowing through this mailing list. When set to Poster, no
Reply-To: header is added by Mailman, although if one is present in the
original message, it is not stripped. 

AND

In the full headers of the post you referred to, there is this:

Reply-To: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mailman isn't adding it and you say you are not adding it, so where is
it coming from ??

Rowland

-- 
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba