Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [OT?] winbind e quota...

On 27.03.2018 09:54, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
Mandi! Micha Ballmann via samba
   In chel di` si favelave...

What shows 'getent passwd'?

Only local users, of course.

Seems this is the culprit. I've tried 'quota' and works as expected:

  root@vdmsv1:~# quota -su gaio
  Disk quotas for user gaio (uid 10000):
      Filesystem   space   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
       /dev/sdb1    204K  51200M  56320M              39   50000   55005

so seems that simply 'repquota' depend heavily on 'enumerated' users.

Correct, and it's not the only tool that relies on this assumption. The smb.conf manpage warns of this:

"Warning
Turning off user enumeration may cause some programs to behave oddly. For example, the finger program relies on having access to the full user list when searching for matching usernames."

The default for 'winbind enum users' changed a while back iirc. It defaults to off now and I've had no luck forcing it back on.

Cheers
Malte zu Klampen