Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] [SamLogon, network] vs [Kerberos KDC, ENC-TS Pre-authentication]

On Mon, 2018-03-26 at 09:08 +0200, mj via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No one knows..?
>
> My guess is:
> - SamLogon,network is an interactive logon, so a user typing a password
> on a windows domain joined workstation

No, that would be SamLogon,interactive.

SamLogon,network is NTLM authentication accessing another server in the
domain (in general).

> - Kerberos KDC,ENC-TS Pre-authentication is something like: an already
> logged on user accessing another server within the same AD doain

No, that is most likely a user getting their first ticket on logon.

I'm glad to hear you are making good use of the audit log feature.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett